When patients suffer from chronic gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) that is not well controlled with medications, or where long-term medications are not a viable option, Stretta offers an alternative to surgery and implants. Stretta is a unique non-surgical outpatient procedure, performed transorally, that takes about an hour, with patients returning to normal activities within a few days.
- Studies show that Stretta resolves reflux symptoms and improves quality of life
- Stretta reduces or eliminates medications and reduces acid exposure
- A minimally invasive option that is less aggressive than invasive surgery and implants
- More than 40 clinical studies all conclude Stretta is "safe and effective"
- Stretta results are long-lasting, proven effective from 4-10 years
- Low power, low temperature radiofrequency (RF) energy treats the cause of GERD
- A non-surgical option that does not alter the anatomy - valuable for many GERD patients
- Patients who don't get complete relief from PPIs or are concerned about the risks of daily long-term use
- Patients with extra-esophageal symptoms of GERD (LPR) who may not respond well to medications
- Patients with altered anatomy, those with chronic GERD after bariatric surgery or after anti-reflux surgery
Stretta is an important part of the continuum of care for patients with chronic GERD, and is known as the ideal "middle therapy" fitting between medicine and surgery yet not preventing a patient from moving on to more invasive options in the future if necessary.